Demonstration GardensVolunteers from our chapter maintain three native plant demonstration gardens in Fredericksburg.
- The Pioneer Museum Native Plant Garden is located at 325 W. Main St. Chapter members maintain this garden. The garden can be viewed during Pioneer Museum hours:
- Tues - Sat 10am - 5PM
- Sun, Mon, and major holidays - closed
- Summer hours: Mon - Sat 10am - 5pm
Admission: Ages 18 and up: $5
Students 6 - 17: $3
Age 5 and under: Free
- The Central Texas Native Plant Garden located at the Gillespie County Agricultural Building, 1906 N. Llano in Fredericksburg. Open daily. Click here for more information on the Central Texas Native Plant Garden.
- Native Plant Society of Texas located at 320 W. San Antonio Street, Fredericksburg. Open daily. Office hours Tues - Fri 10am - 3pm. Phone 830-997-9272.
Chapter and State Bylaws
N.I.C.E. Program Details
We have implemented the program as follows: Our N.I.C.E. committee members select a native plant to feature each season, then work with participating area nurseries to assure the plant will be available, and then promote the plant to the public through announcements in our local newspaper (Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post) and through signs at participating nurseries. The purchasers of the featured plant receive a fact sheet about the plant. Participating N.I.C.E. nurseries in the Fredericksburg area are Dodds Family Tree Nursery and Florist, Friendly Natives, and Woerner Feed & Garden Supply. Please be sure to visit these nurseries and help support them. For contact information, see Additional Resources / Nurseries, Seed Sources, and Landscapers
N.I.C.E. Plant of the Season Flier... (Spring 2013) Yellow Columbine.
Click here for a list (Adobe PDF) of the plants we have featured to date.
Chapter Plant List Available Here.